Join Our Team
At Cancer Support Community Greater NY & CT at Gilda’s Club, we’re a team of passionate individuals on a mission to ensure all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. Each person brings experience, expertise, creativity and a “let’s do this” mentality to create the ultimate career experience. At CSCNYCT, we believe in a community that is made up of a diverse mix of talented and mission driven people who want to make a difference in the cancer community. We are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin.
Oncology Social Work Position – Part time with Evenings
At GCW, we believe in a community that is made up of a diverse mix of talented and mission driven people who want to make a difference in the cancer community. We are fully focused on equality and inclusion and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin. The part-time Oncology Social Worker (OSW) is a team player who values our overall mission and contributes to that mission through their clinical skills. The OSW will interface with Gilda’s Club participants, staff, volunteers, and the professional community. The OSW assists in facilitating key components of the GCW program including facilitating new member meetings, meeting one-on-one with individuals for short-term counseling, facilitate support groups, and educational workshops. Utilizing his/her clinical oncology skills, the OSW will provide a quality program in full compliance with GCW policies and procedures. The OSW will report to the Program Director.
17 hours per week with at least one evening is required. Position is in-person in White Plains, but some remote work is possible.
Potential for growth opportunity based on Gilda’s Club Westchester needs.
Clinical hours towards LCSW available after 90-day probationary period.
• Assist with requests for membership information, facilitate New Member Meetings and facilitate Customized Membership Plans (intakes), along with all associated follow up and complete documentation in database.
• Manage a case load of short-term counseling, schedule sessions, and complete documentation in database.
• Facilitate at least one ongoing weekly support group complete documentation in database.
• Facilitate time-limited series/groups, assist with any preparation and recruitment as needed, and complete documentation in database.
• Conduct clinical assessments and complete documentation in database.
• Facilitate educational workshops and assist with any preparation and recruitment as needed.
• Assist with community and partnership referrals and associated documentation.
• Attend relevant meetings as schedule permits (e.g., staff, program, program task force, cancer coalition).
• Participate and engage in clinical supervision.
• Support program development by collaborating as part of a team to provide input on and potentially implement pilot programs.
• Act as a substitute support group facilitator as needed.
• Participate in and assist with fundraising events, when schedule permits.
• Close the clubhouse at 7:45pm on scheduled days.
• Oncology social work experience in a hospital or community-based setting, including experience providing individual, couple and family support. New graduate with relevant experience will be considered.
• Understanding of the cancer experience — for those diagnosed, their families and the bereaved. Oncology and bereavement experience highly desired.
• Experience facilitating support groups and providing individual counseling.
• Intermediate computer skills and ability to learn and utilize our database. • Demonstrates sensitivity and commitment to the GCW mission, core values and program.
• At least one evening per week (until 7:45pm). • Bilingual English/Spanish is an asset.
$35-$45 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Please submit resume and salary expectations to: Sarah Sedo, Program Director, [email protected]